The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking a highly skilled Steel Fabricator. The Foundry is a dynamic company with 100+ employees that produces contemporary fine art for internationally known artists. Additional information about the Foundry is available at wallawallafoundry.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Weld, fabricate and install internal structures for large shipping crates with extreme attention to detail using stainless and mild steel, aluminum and sheet metal.
- Fabricate parts and repair facility structures and equipment.
- Competently and safely use metalworking tools, power hand tools, MIG and TIG welders, band saws, grinders, plasma cutter, milling machine, and brake press.
- Read blueprints and build from shop drawings.
- Operate forklifts, man-lifts, hoists and other machinery. Experience preferred, but training will be provided.
- Utilize an I-Pad to use software for inventory tracking, requisitioning, ordering materials and email communication.
- Work hours are 7:00 – 3:30 p.m., M-F. Must be able to work overtime as required to meet production deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of metal fabrication experience. Prior foundry experience is a plus.
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy in the fabrication process.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse, team oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to understand and follow complex directions using the English language.
This position requires the ability to stand, bend and twist over long periods of time as well as engage in repetitive motions of feet, arms and hands. Must be able to work at heights, including climbing ladders and working from scaffolding and/or lifts. Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds regularly. Majority of work is performed inside, but must be able to work outside in inclement weather as required.
Minimum of high School diploma or GED. Welding certifications a plus.
How to Apply
Please send resume and salary requirements no later than February 23, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary based on experience.
The Foundry offers a generous benefits package, including 100% employer paid health insurance for the employee, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) Plan with employer match, Short and Long/Term Disability, Life Insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off and more
The Foundry is an equal opportunity employer.