The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking an experienced painter to join the Paint Department. The successful candidate would possess several years of experience in automotive, industrial, scenic or artistic painting and surface finishing. The Foundry is a dynamic company with 100+ employees that produces contemporary fine art for internationally known artists.
• Apply coatings to sculptures as chosen by clients, adhering strongly to the final client vision. Ability to digest critical project directions and execute accordingly.
• Apply knowledge of various paint systems with an eagerness to explore and familiarize with client preferred products as per project.
• Record surface prep and paint application in written form for replicable execution in future editions of artworks and/or restorations.
• Track inventory and assist in placing orders, as needed.
• Ability and willingness to use products in unconventional ways, researching products and materials as needed.
• Critical attention to detail. Ability to fix surface flaws and spot repair in a timely manner.
• Ability to mix paint products in amounts required and track waste on Foundry inventory systems.
• Perform regular maintenance on all painting equipment.
• Willingness to learn established Foundry finish processes while seeking to develop and improve only when necessary.
• Willingness to work weekends, dependent on project needs and deadlines. An understanding of the demands of production deadlines.
• Interest and ability to use production lulls to assist in other departments of the company to develop a deeper understanding of processes, to perform research, or to acquire new skills to improve and expand performance.
Skills, Experience & Education
• 2 – 5 years professional painting experience.
• Ability to use HVLP spray systems with an acute attention to gun set-up.
• Experience with several paint systems and lines, including two-part polyurethane and waterborne applications.
• Understanding and adherence to all technical aspects of paint applications.
• Excellent Bondo application, sanding, and masking skills.
• An understanding of common defects, what causes paint failures, and how to correct them. Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and quality issues.
• Experienced in surface inspection, prep, and paint finishing, including ability to perform progressive polished finishes.
• Artistic finish and airbrushing abilities a plus.
• Experience cleaning various metals, including aluminum and stainless, in preparation for painting and priming.
• Ability to use power tools and other equipment, as needed.
• Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands, and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to work well in a team environment.
• Forklift, rigging and/or welding experience a plus, but will train.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds independently.
• Requires use safety equipment that may include face shield or goggles, gloves, respirator and other protective garments and equipment.
Salary & Benefits
Salary DOE. The Foundry offers a generous benefits package, including employer paid health insurance.
How to Apply
Email resume to Nora Connors at email@example.com, no later than January 31, 2018. Position open until filled. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. The Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.