The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking two Industrial Blasters. The Blaster will be responsible for preparing metal sculpture pieces for finishing. The Foundry is a dynamic company with 100+ employees that produces contemporary sculpture. Additional information about the Foundry is available at wallawallafoundry.com.
- Blasting items with 100 psi pressure with abrasive media.
- Recording information on documents.
- Operate forklifts, man-lifts, hoists and other machinery.
- Load, maintain, and clean sandblasting equipment and PPE.
- Will work to maintain blast profile, and strive to continually improve quality level.
- Observe safety rules and procedures; including the use of the proper respirator and other PPE.
- Typical work week is 40 hours, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., occasional 50+ hour schedule, 5:00 – 3:30. Must be able to work additional overtime as required, and be reliable and prompt.
Required/Desired Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Prior manufacturing or foundry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of manual sand and grit blasting machines, materials, processes, and practices a plus, but will train.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds, work in awkward positions, and high temperatures.
High School Diploma or GED. Ability to speak and read English to the level required to understand complex instructions.
Salary & Benefits
Salary DOE. Minimum of $13/hour. The Foundry offers a generous benefits package including employer paid health insurance.
How to Apply
Email resume ASAP but no later than July 23 to email@example.com.