The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking a highly skilled Fabricator. The Foundry is a dynamic company with 100+ employees that produces contemporary fine art for internationally known artists. The work is done in a variety of materials such as bronze, aluminum, stainless steel, brass, copper and zinc, as well as wood and a variety of composite materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and ensure production of high quality art work from initiation of project to final installation.
• Lead small teams and foster a high level of performance in others.
• Assemble and finish works of art, utilizing a wide variety of power and hand tools.
• Perform TIG welding and metal fabrication tasks, with extreme attention to detail and quality.
• Work with a variety of alternative materials, including resins, epoxies, and plasters.
• Ensure that projects are performed on time and on budget.
• Must be able to work overtime.
• Minimum of five years of experience in metal and composite material fabrication.
• High level of proficiency in welding and finishing.
• Ability to read blueprints and build from shop drawings.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse, team oriented environment.
• Prior foundry or manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Experience in the operation of forklifts, man-lifts, hoists and other machinery preferred, but training will be provided.
This position has many physical demands, including the ability to stand, bend and twist over long periods of time as well as engage in repetitive motions of feet, arms and hands. The Fabricator must be able to work at heights, including climbing ladders and working from scaffolding and/or lifts and have the ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Minimum of high School diploma or GED. Ability to speak and read English to the level required to understand complex welding/fabrication instructions.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is March 3, 2017. We offer excellent benefits including a health/dental/vision care package (health insurance paid 100% by the Foundry), employer retirement match, and paid time off.
The Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.