The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking two experienced Industrial Blasters. The Blaster will be responsible for preparing metal sculpture pieces for finishing. The Foundry is a dynamic company with 100+ employees that produces contemporary sculpture. Additional information about the Foundry is available at wallawallafoundry.com.
- Blasting items with 100 psi pressure with abrasive media.
- Recording information on documents.
- Operate forklifts, man-lifts, hoists and other machinery.
- Load, maintain, and clean sandblasting equipment and PPE.
- Will work to maintain blast profile, and strive to continually improve quality level.
- Observe safety rules and procedures; including the use of the proper respirator and other PPE.
- Typical work week is 40 hours, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., occasional 50+ hour schedule, 5:00 – 3:30. Must be able to work additional overtime as required, and be reliable and prompt.
Required/Desired Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Prior manufacturing or foundry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of manual sand and grit blasting machines, materials, processes, and practices required.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds, work in awkward positions, and high temperatures.
High School Diploma or GED. Ability to speak and read English to the level required to understand complex instructions.
Salary & Benefits
Salary DOE. Minimum of $13/hour. The Foundry offers a generous benefits package including employer paid health insurance.
How to Apply
Email resume ASAP but no later than August 17 to email@example.com.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking a Project Management Assistant to join our team. The position offers the opportunity to engage project management skills as well as develop an in-depth understanding of contemporary art production methods. Additional information about the Foundry is available at wallawallafoundry.com.
- Support project management operations through documentation and database administration. Oversee preparation and coordination of art installations.
- Coordinate travel, equipment and logistics for domestic and international installations.
- Assist Shipping Coordinator with shipping documentation.
- Observe fabrication and installation strategies with the ability to digest and create clear process records for use in production or for clientele.
- Create installation manuals and project information sheets for use in production or by clientele. Produce manuals and sheets based on recorded project information and conversations with colleagues and clientele.
- Assist shops in tracking and documentation of production processes, including weights, dimensions, materials, etc. for both historical record and execution of subsequent editions of the work.
- Assist or direct staff photographer in capturing specific images required for installation manuals, project fabrication, and informational project sheets.
- Ability to process RAW images to aid in image turnaround.
- Accurately perform end-processing of projects in Foundry databases.
- Accurately maintain storage inventory database and records.
- Prepare reports for internal and external use.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in digital photography, including Photoshop, Camera RAW and Adobe InDesign.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, a holistic understanding of various Foundry processes and materials, and a sensitivity to the artistic and aesthetic goals of each work.
- Must be highly organized, with the ability to set priorities and manage time independently to meet deadlines for concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, research, and administrative skills. Ability to digest and synthesize complicated information and convey back in a succinct and timely manner.
- High level of dedication and a willingness to place a high priority on the job.
- Passion for contemporary art processes and a desire to work in an agile, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- 1-3 years of related experience in an artist studio, fabrication facility, arts administration or Registrar position preferred.
B.A. or master’s degree in art/design related field a plus.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 17, 2018.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a generous benefits package, including employer paid health insurance.